Sunday 2 February 2014

More steps forward

I seem to be adapting very well now to my decrease in Epilim which is encouraging news. I still have lots of headaches and get tired and dizzy but I feel very little seizure activity. I was able to have a little walk today for a few minutes which was nice (sunny but windy!)

It was also a great privilege to talk at The Brain Tumour Charity Grantholders Day on Wednesday and to hear from the impressive, forward thinking researchers who attended. No money given to The Brain Tumour Charity is wasted and I continue to be amazed by their tireless effort to direct funds on progressive research. I felt very honoured to be invited and I hope to do as much as I can in future. 

Below is a picture of a live tweet from the evening of me discussing my personal experience of diagnosis and what I believe future research should be focused on. I hope to give more talks in future if asked. Stephen Sutton has been a huge inspiration for me to take positive action in this way and although he has so much going on he's always incredibly positive and philosophical. If you're reading this thank you Stephen. 

                              




No comments:

Post a Comment